Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 70 - These Are The Days

It has been another incredible week. I truly love my mission.

Being gone for such a long time has made me realize a lot of things. One specifically which I hope to be able to explain through my letter today.

It is quite simple. I am happy. Truly happy. Not surviving. Not going through motions. Not doing what I'm told. Not pressing through in hopes that one day it will get better.

For the first time in my life, I am fully and finally happy; and my testimony of this small gospel principle has transformed from being a principle taken on faith, into a principle that I will for now and always know:

Obedience to the Gospel will in somehow, someway, provide a foundation upon which you will be happy.


With that being said, I do not fully understand how or why it works, my testimony is only that does.

I have seen it in my life; I have seen it in countless others. It is a true principle.

It does not always come in our time. It will not always be able to be seen in the parent moment.

But Someday, I know that we will be able to look back and understand why, how, and what the reasons were for god putting us through the circumstances, blessings, and hardships that we go through. There are lessons everywhere around us, if we listen.

We have to stop asking why and how, and instead trust that God knows what is best for us. Trust that he loves us. Trust that he will provide a way. Trust that everything we go through is for our good.

I share testimony that God is in the details of our life. He is the great compensator. His gospel is the fire upon which we can be refined... No man is farther away from being prepared to meet god than I am, but even I have made leaps since I have came to this understanding: Trust Him.

Trust that he will keep the hundreds of promises he made. Trust that he will "pour out a blessing so big that you cannot receive it". Trust that you will "run and not be weary and walk and not be faint". Trust that you will "find, receive, and the door will be opened". Trust that "the lord giveth no commandment without providing a way for them to accomplish it".

Trust that he loves us. He wants the best for us. That all things are for our good.

You will be happy.

That is my testimony to you.

God lives.

:)


Love,
Elder Leavitt


Here are a few pics:

 Just me and the district before everyone got transferred.


Have a great week! I love you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment


Remember, this is a missionary's blog. Please keep your comments appropriate and uplifting.