Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Week 65 - Another Incredible Week

Hola!
 
Welp, it's been another incredible week down here.I cannot say enough how much I love my mission :)
 
It has been warming up, and let me just say, that losing our car this last week because of the influx of sisters has been kicking my tush! Literally, after riding my bike for probably 5-10 miles a day, things get a little sore.. It is great though! I am thoroughly enjoying the exercise, and I know that heavenly father is blessing us because of the work that we are putting in to serving in this area, and many miracles are happening because of the faithfulness of this ward :) It is a powerful testimony builder to see the prayers and fasting of many others come to life in missionary work! Anytime I start to get tired or complaining out there in the heat, I just have to silently remind myself of all the incredible sacrifices that have been made in order for me to be where I am today.
 
Jesus Christ.
The early christian church.
the reformation.
mormon pioneers.
my personal family.
 
even sacrifices I have made myself, though they are small compared to those I have already mentioned.
 
I will continue on, for now it is my turn! :) I am, after all a "light of the world". and we all are. whether we are on a mission, in high school, or empty nesters. So make it shine, that others may feel the love of god. Be the example that leads others to become incredible.
 
Let the lower lights be burning!
Send a gleam across the wave!
Some poor fainting, struggling seaman
You may rescue, you may save.
 
We are a part of the most incredible work in the world. Pray for the missionaries. Pray for me. Pray that we will be able to find those who are ready to hear the gospel!
 
I love my mission!
 
-Elder Leavitt
 
p.s. Sorry I have not been able to write everyone for a while. I have been super busy, and completely exhausted after riding in the heat all day. I oftentimes fall asleep before I even think of writing anyone. I promise I will get some letters out soon though. Thank you everyone for the support, packages, and prayers. I am doing well.
 
yes alisa and mom I got your packages. Thank you so much.
 
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Remember, this is a missionary's blog. Please keep your comments appropriate and uplifting.